Sunday 8 January 2012

Rider Bio: Tom Neale, Sam Cycling Race Team

Name: Tom Neale.


Tell us a little about yourself: Started cycling not to long after my 15th birthday and am now attending Newport University.

2012 Bike: 2012 bike is a Giant TCR Advanced with Zipp 404’s. Not sure about my dream bike. It would probably have to be a Cervelo S5.

What got you into cycling? I started cycling after watching a track world cup on the T.V and thought it looked really fun. After that I joined the local club and got some tips from my Mum’s uncle who still cycles a lot at the age of 70.
Tom leading fellow Samcycling rider for 2012 Alex Avery during a grass track race

Heroes? I think my biggest cycling hero is Phillipe Gilbert simply because it seems like he can do everything!

Hopes for 2012: My hopes for 2012 are to become a 1st cat and to simply win as many races as I can.

Interests outside cycling:Outside of cycling I still follow a lot of sports and when I get the chance I love skiing.

Favourite ride? The best place I’ve ridden is when I went on a training camp in Spain in 2011. It was the best week of riding I’ve ever had.

Good luck to Tom in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment